Call for Papers
Milestones and Transitions - Maintaining the Balance
2014 AMA-CMA-BMA International Conference on Physician Health
15 - 17 September 2014 - BMA House, London, UK
Authors are invited to submit abstracts for consideration as part of the 2014 AMA-CMA-BMA International Conference on Physician Health.
About the conference theme
The conference theme is 'Milestones and Transitions: Maintaining the Balance'. Please keep this theme in mind when preparing your presentation.
The conference will showcase research into doctors' health and promote a healthier culture of medicine for doctors by offering practical evidence-based skills and strategies for attendees to take back to their practice.
The friendly and informal conference environment promotes networking.
The conference will provide a forum for practitioners and researchers to present recent findings, innovative methods and support systems and educational programmes in the area of doctors' health.
The friendly and informal conference environment promotes networking, exchange of experience and information and leisure activity focused on staying healthy.
We are particularly interested in issues relating to the personal and professional milestones in the lives of doctors, from medical student through to retirement, and the effect of these transitions on doctors' health including both physical and emotional well being and personal resilience. Relevant submissions dealing with any aspect of doctors' health and wellbeing are also welcome and we are particularly keen to hear from students and early career researchers.
Three presentation formats are invited:
- Oral presentations: short oral presentations grouped into related sessions.
Individual presentations will be followed by time for panel questions and discussion. Presentations are likely to be of 20 - 30 minutes' duration, and handouts are encouraged.
- Poster presentations: written presentation of research.
Presentations will allow for discussion between the author and interested parties in an informal setting. Posters should be easily readable from a distance of one metre, and should be prepared to suit an allocated space of one metre x one metre. Handouts are encouraged and presenters are responsible for producing their own poster.
- Workshop sessions: interactive sessions designed to improve skills and knowledge among those working in the area of doctors' health.
Subject matter is open, but should be designed to address specific, topical issues. Workshops may range from 60 - 120 minutes, and handouts are encouraged. These sessions may also offer you an opportunity to further your research: our varied audience of professionals interested in all aspects of doctors' health may provide you with the focus group or feedback you need.
PowerPoint presentation facilities will be available for paper and workshop sessions.
Please submit your abstracts in either of two categories:
- Paper presentation and poster submissions will be evaluated with consideration given to the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Interest to the audience
- Relevance to conference theme
The abstract should clearly outline the purpose or relevance, materials and methods, results and discussion or conclusions.
- Workshop submissions may include interactive workshops, experiential presentations and programme descriptions. These submissions will be evaluated with consideration given to the following criteria:
- Quality (identify methods of delivery, including group work, design of the workshop and expected outcomes. For programme descriptions, please indicate if the programme has been evaluated, the nature of the evaluation and what was concluded from the evaluation.)
- Relevance to audience and conference theme
All submissions must be of 400 words or fewer and should identify:
- Relation to conference theme
- Funding sources, including relation to commercial or for-profit activity
- Three learning objectives or goals
All abstracts will undergo blind review. Please list all authors. Questions will be directed to the corresponding author.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) disclosure forms must be completed for all authors. Forms will be returned to the corresponding author of all accepted submissions.
Submit your paper now
All abstracts must be submitted online using the abstract submission form below.
Submissions must be received by 1 February 2014.
Corresponding authors will be notified by 15 April 2014.
Submit your papers for ICPH 2014
Registration and expenses
Presenters are expected to register for the conference and will pay the BMA, AMA or CMA member rate.
Presenters will be responsible for their own expenses.
Guidelines for authors and presenters